SEO is like a bottle of wine. It only gets better over time. You only need to work on the search engine tricks to adapt to the changing rank algorithms on the search engines. Once you get a hold of that, you can literally play a good role in placing your website high up Google.
Before we get into the intricacies of why you should apply SEO for your business, let’s take a look at what it is all about.
According to Internet Live Stats as of 2020, the search engine is calculated to handle around 80,731 queries every second. This, in turn, translates to about 2.54 trillion searches a year.
There is simply no hiding from the fact that search engines are the driving force behind the internet. Everyone with a smart phone and data is looking for topics of their interest and searching for answers. Would you not want to make sure that your website features on their page if and when they are searching for something related to your product or service? Bring a personal touch to your content as well. This increases engagement at every level.
Know that these people are not just looking for random information. 25% of all shopping decisions are made on these very search engines. It is therefore important that your website gets the best possible rankin in the search engines for your keywords.
Every day slightly more than 5,47,200 new websites are created globally. If you want to outrank your growing competition, you really need to get going. Keep constant tab on the changing algorithms in the search engines. It is a fact that most web surfers do not look beyond the top thirty results that they see. So if you are at the 45th place in Google, does it really matter?
This is where SEO comes into play. And this is why SEO is important for your business.
Basically, SEO is executed to increase the organic (non-paid) traffic from the search engines to your website. The goal is to improve the ranking of the site so that it comes up as high as possible on the search results. Although ideally, Search Engine Optimization is done keeping in mind all search engines, the focus usually falls on Google. The reason for this is because Google accounts for 90% market share in the world of the search engine.
Understanding how data can convince you more than anything else, we present you with some mind-blowng numbers about how SEO can make or break your online reputation. Simply put, it will tell you why SEO is important for your business.
- Research from IMT strategies says that a brand’s presence on the right search engine is the most vital way to bring high brand awareness. This can have a higher impact on the success of your business, eve more than TV commercials, radio or printed media.
- 46% of people who found your website reached it from their journey on the search engine.
- 92% of all internet users prefer to look for choices on the search engines. They believe that if the search engine puts the website on top, it’s good enough for them to consider the product or service.
Take for example, Local SEO. This strategy convinces people to visit the store after the search. The tendency is higher when the trust is established. This is why local seo is important to your business. The journey is set in an effective manner.
Anyone with a business of any size should put themselves out there. That means a website, with a catchy name, keyword analysis, back-linking (internal and external tagging), image alt tag, and the H tags. Plan your Digital Marketing Strategy for the new normal with care.
Now lets see how your business can be enhanced with the SEO. Read the top 10 reasons why SEO is important for your business
- SEO is the primary source of leads. Inbound marketing strategies are effective, efficient and quite successful with both B2B and B2C.
- SEO establishes the trust factor between the brand and the prospect. When Google ranks the website high, the user believes that they have reached a truly validated destination. They no longer question the brand as much.
- SEO optimization has shown to increase business profits. SEO leads to better ranking on the search engine results page. This automatically increases the traffic thanks to higher visibility. More the visitors, more the revenue.
- SEO enhances user experience with relevant data, related videos and images, and the appropriate call to action that makes life easy for those who have visited the website with a goal in mind. SEO supports the audience through his journey and helps him reach his destination with ease.
- When a prospect reaches the website thanks to the magic of SEO, chances of him making the purchase are very high. SEO is known to have an average of 15.2% close rates, compared to 2.3% close leads generated by outbound traffic.
- SEO ensures fantastic cost management as well. Statistics state that inbound leads reduce the cost of lead generation by 63% as opposed to outbound marketing.
- The brand credibility brought in by higher ranking on the search engine thanks to SEO is priceless.
- Be it brand awareness, consideration or decision making process, SEO takes care of all the stops of a customer’s journey in the buyer process. The target audience begins to recognize you as a top brand when you find him first.
- 54% of paid searches come from mobile users. Your website must be compatible with all devices. SEO enhances user experience as Google Search brings friendliness to mobile devices as a ranking parameter.
- SEO helps the brand gain market share. Ranking high on the search engine means greater visibility. The audience is a prospective customer.
It is clear that top-ranking positions in the search engines for the terms that are searched by your target prospect should be your ultimate goal. To get there, you must ensure that you have your finger on SEO : the pulse of the search engine. What needs to be clearly understood and accepted is that SEO is not something that can be executed with the wave of a wand. With the right long term marketing strategy, ranking for the brand will improve with time. Keep an eye on the changing consumer behaviour during the new normal and work your digital marketing strategy accordingly.
Connect with us to know more about how we can adapt a customized plan to suit your vision, goals and budget.